The CASE Intelligent Hydraulic System (CIHS) incorporates a variety of energy saving and performance enhancing functions into its excavators, maximising efficiency and output. Added to powerful, fuel-efficient Tier 4 Interim diesel engines, fuel savings are up to 17% (CX235C SR) and 9% (CX145C SR) depending on the model.
Impressive functionality takes smart design and efficiency doesn’t stop at fuel economy, but to power economy too. Enhanced features include:
- Simple Operating Mode: a dial that delivers three working modes with speed priority, providing ideal horsepower and hydraulic output.
- Powerboost function: provides an 8-second boost for maximum digging performance.
- Boom Economy control: increases energy efficiency during swing and boom lower operations.
- Swing Relief Control: further optimises energy use when slewing.
- Automatic Economy Control: cuts energy usage when the operating levers are in neutral position and
- Spool Stroke Control: delivers improved controllability in digging and leveling tasks.
- Pump Torque Variable Control: provides perfect control of the engine and hydraulic system, further boosting economy.
- Automatic engine idling and shut down: cuts unnecessary fuel use when not working.
Despite this focus on reduced consumption, the SR excavators boast a 5% improvement in cycle times with a 6% improvement in lifting performance from the previous models. Efficiency can come from any angle, and we’ve got them all covered.